geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: How do we ship jetty and tomcat versions? Please respond
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:26:38 GMT
I too am confused about the use case scenario that would drive this?
Also, can we be more specific on the level of granularity that is being
considered here?  Would it be just: 1 tomcat container,  1 jetty
container, both a single tomcat and a single jetty container?   Or is it
also being considered that we would support multiple tomcat containers
and multiple jetty containers (possibly even at different container
versions).

Do any other application servers support multiple concurrent web
containers?

If it is decided that this is a valid scenario, then the implications of
this would ripple throughout the code.  This is especially problematic
for the web console where we would have to visually keep track of
multiple containers, applications, connections, etc.. active on each
container, logs associated with each container, configuration attributes
of each container, etc... But I think this approach would have
significant implications for other components as well, including 3rd
party software that might need to interact with our server (such as
external management applications using JMX).

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."   -- Jim Elliot