geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are these files ok?
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 16:16:29 GMT
One last statement before everyone else throws there two cents in :)...

I strongly believe that including this is a necessity.  Unlike geronimo,
these aren't regular java projects that can be adapted to invoke within
a users context and IDE choice and that can be launched different ways.
These projects contain eclipse specific content and can only be launched
within an eclipse environment and thus the files are critical to the
projects configuration.  By not including these files we put a
requirement on Eclipse users to have Maven and this breaks the
consistency.  Without the files, you essentially are making the
statement saying that these projects are eclipse plugins, that will only
run on top of eclipse, but FIRST you need to launch maven for Eclipse to
be able to consume them.  I don't think that is reasonable.  Eclipse
plugin projects extracted out of the repo AS IS should be ready to be
consumed by Eclipse without the requirement for Maven.

Sachin.