geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: Are these files ok?
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 15:48:34 GMT

Sachin Patel wrote:
> Could we just prevent that by overriding the maven:eclipse goal in the
> projects' maven.xml and echo out a message stating a message that no
> .classpath generation is necessary since these are already eclipse
> projects?

Lets get others' input on this.  If the .classpath inclusion is just for
convenience, then I am against this since, again, we are detracting from
the way geronimo does things.  Throughout geronimo, we let maven build
the project ide files.  It makes sense due to the many ways these files
can get changed due to people's preferences.  I really want to have
consistency in all of our projects, unless its absolutely necessary.
Once we break consistency, we are headed down a slippery slope.

> FYI. The mevenide plugin is also including the .classpath in their repo.

They also use cvs, so then should we drop svn and use cvs too?  IMHO,
this is comparing apples to oranges. Mevenide is not part of a very
large application server and is not affected by a much bigger overall
build.  Also, just because another project does it, does not mean its
the best way for this project.  Thats a facet of all of open
source...each project has their own way of doing things.