geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Tomcat and the web console
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:01:15 GMT
I think everybody agrees that it is critical that we support Tomcat
fully in Geronimo and this is also true for the web console.  I'd like
to help enhance the web console to support Tomcat more completely.

I've been looking at what it would take to update the web console so
that it can support Tomcat for the Web Server statistics and logging.
My first goal has just been to display statistics that are similar
to/consistent with those we present for Jetty today.  After that I'd
like to see if there are additional statistics that we should expose for
Tomcat, Jetty or both.

However, the first thing I have to do is discover where I can gather
statistical information from Tomcat such as the total number of
connections, number that are open, max number of connections, total
number of requests, connection duration avg/max., request duration
avg/max, etc.....  I'm looking around to see if I can find this type of
statistical data in Tomcat .... but if somebody can point the way I'll
get there quicker :-).   Jetty gets most of this information from their
HttpServer object.

Thanks,
Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."   -- Jim Elliot