geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IDEA block cipher inclusion via the "bouncy castle" JCE provider
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:48:08 GMT
btw, I want to point out the following notice from the bouncycastle site:

  "Some of the algorithms in the Bouncy Castle APIs are patented in some
places. It is upon the user of the library to be aware of what the legal
situation is in their own situation, however we have been asked to
specifically mention the patent below at the request of the patent holder."

So far, the focus has just been on the IDEA patent...it appears there
are other patented algorithms in the bc code, but they only list patents
when they have been explicitly requested to by the patent holder.

Rick