geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Kernel Limitations
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 01:29:05 GMT
On Sep 4, 2005, at 5:30 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
>> I suggest you follow JSR77 naming rules and include a fully specified
>> name such as:
>>
>> geronimo.server:
>>      j2eeType=WebConnector,
>>      name=MyConnector,
>>      WebContainer=MyJettyContainer
>>      J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Server,
>>      J2EEApplication=null,
>>      J2EEServer=geronimo
>>
>> This should [ed: avoid] any name collisions.
>>

>     But what if there are two containers named MyJettyContainer, one
> in Configuration JettyAdminStuff and one in Configuration
> JettyUserStuff?

The J2EEModule property above is the configuration name, so you would
have two unique names one containing the property
J2EEModule=JettyAdminStuff and one containing the property
J2EEModule=JettyUserStuff.

> David J was very concerned about this case.  Actually, I suspect he
> was
> more concerned about having a Tomcat container and Jetty container
> both
> named "WebContainer", but either way, it gets ugly.  David, can you
> clarify?

No sure what he is concerned about, but the above case should not be
an issue.  Maybe he is thinking of another issue.

-dain