geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do we ship jetty and tomcat versions? Please respond
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:29:52 GMT

On Sep 6, 2005, at 12:38 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> I like what you have done here.  Very nice work.
>
> However, IMHO, I would be concerned in the long run of shipping
> Jetty and Tomcat together.  We will be accused of being too "heavy
> weight". Then also, where do we draw the line of shipping
> everything (ie. multiple orbs, and multiple EB containers, etc).

How about to distinct distributions, one w/ Tomcat and one w/ Jetty?
That might make it clearer and easier for users, as well as let us
know what's popular by download count.

As for the multiple orbs, multiple EJBs, etc, I think that depends on
if there is a demand and if someone steps up to do the work?  I'm not
sure if we have enough info yet, as we only have this issue w/ the
web tier.

geir

geirm@apache.org