geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Genender" <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] Requesting feedback on ApacheDS move to JDK 1.5
Date Sat, 24 Sep 2005 03:45:56 GMT

Geronimo's restriction to run on a 1.4.2 JDK is specific, primarily, to the
ORB we are using.  It is our hope in the near future we will have an updated
ORB and we will be able to use JDK 1.5.  Perhaps the Trifork folks can chime
in on this.

> Does Geronimo run on JDK 1.5?  If so is binary compatibility
> with 1.4 a requirement?  (I'm guessing yes.)

For now, yes.

> Also is there a way in which ApacheDS integration can be made
> pluggable and available when running under a 1.5 JVM?

Please explain your question.  Currently it is pluggable (via the Gbean),
but I think I need to understand your question a little better.

Jeff