geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] branch and tag policy (and stable/unstable mixed in :)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:29:20 GMT

On Sep 20, 2005, at 12:46 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> To recap, milestone and release candidates are both useful at
> different times.  Milestones are alpha snapshots and are not
> supported.  Release candidates are snapshots of beta software and
> are not supported.  The last release candidate that is officially
> released is what is supported.

I agree.

But are we confusing the issue of "what do we support?" and "how do
we do releases?"  I was hoping just to get a branch/tag policy -
don't delete things so we have a pattern than a casual observer can
follow.

Anyway, there's one other thing to think about - When do we want to
make a release that we are willing to support?

I think that will help make users comfortable in using it.

geir

geirm@apache.org