geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Attacking M5
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:49:30 GMT
What I will probably get committed into head by the time you read this
and then plan to port to M5 is:

in assembly, we will deploy the applications (console, welcome, and
juddi-server) onto both jetty and tomcat (6 configurations) (I'm going
to not deploy demo and debug console at all).

There are 3 sets of config.* files in var/config: one like we have now,
that starts both jetty and tomcat on different ports, and two new ones
that start only jetty or only tomcat (with the associated deployed
apps)

Standard behavior for any deployed web app configuration is that it
will start the web container it is deployed onto if the container is
not already started.

To switch web container, you can copy  one of
config.[jetty|tomcat|both].xml(list) onto config.xml(list).

Furthermore I've implemented namespace-driven builder selection with
new jetty and tomcat specific plan schema namespaces.

thanks
david jencks