geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE]Re: M5 Cut proposal date
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 06:39:57 GMT
I think we've made significant progress in the last week towards being 
ready to make the branch for M5, but I think there may be reasons to 
wait a couple more days.  There are 2 features that people want to get 
in (security improvements and DDL generation) that I would like to see 
in M5, and more stabilization is needed in any case before the release. 
  I think that unless someone is waiting to get a new feature in that 
shouldn't go in M5 we should wait until monday and see where we are.

If anyone is contemplating a commit that may destabilize our code 
please speak up so we can branch beforehand.

thanks
david jencks

On Sep 6, 2005, at 9:33 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Ok ...I am hijacking this thread... enough discussion...lets vote on 
> it...
>
> [ ] Friday 9/9 is the QA Cut date
> [ ] I think it should be after Friday...and should be on ______
>
>
> For me:
> [X] Friday 9/9 is the QA Cut date
>
>
> David Blevins wrote:
>> On Sep 6, 2005, at 6:50 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> Aaron Mulder wrote:
>>>
>>>>     What is the point of the "frozen list"?  At this point, it  
>>>> doesn't appear to have stopped development of things that aren't  
>>>> on the list.
>>>>
>>>
>>> The list for what we are agreeing to go into M5.  If something  
>>> isn't on the list and its an added bonus, then fine.  We need a  
>>> closure date at this point.  I think we have all agreed what is  
>>> minimally in the cut.
>>>
>>>
>>>>     Maybe we should make the branch like Friday, so any code not on
>>>> the list has to go into HEAD, and just have a longer closing  
>>>> period to
>>>> resolve the list items.  There is a lot on the list, so that would  
>>>> mean a
>>>> lot of merges to HEAD, but unless everyone is willing to hold off on
>>>> non-list items, I'm not sure we're actually moving toward greater  
>>>> stability in the mean time.
>>>>
>>>
>>> Ok..shall we branch on Friday?  Anhyone have any issues with this?   
>>> I am game.
>>>
>> Friday is great.  Aaron expressed the same concern I was thinking  
>> about; getting further and further from stable the long we wait to  
>> branch.  Things always tend to creep in.
>> +1
>> David
>


Mime
View raw message