geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discussion] How do we get help with testing?
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:47:00 GMT

On Sep 16, 2005, at 12:40 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> This is a great idea.  Running the TCK is a huge pain for us and we
> have a very small matrix right now (2 version of geronimo * 1
> platform * 1 Java VM).
>
> I was chatting with David Blevins about this yesterday, and he
> suggested that we make this a full subproject.  The subproject
> could mange TCK and integration testing, hourly builds, nightly
> releases, daily performance tests with trade and spec and so on.
> We could create the supproject using the TCK build tree, the
> scripts tree, and itests modules.
>
> What do you think?

That works for me.  I've been meaning to find some better way of
documenting and publishing what info we can about our TCK work, and
this would fit the bill quite nicely.  The biggest challenge I see is
doing this in such a way that we keep the current TCK stuff in a
private repo so it can't be seen by anyone.  So we'd have a /tck
subproject (or whatever we want to call it) and then have some link
to the private rep from there, or something.

geir

geirm@apache.org