geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: M5 Time ;-)
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 06:15:02 GMT

On Aug 24, 2005, at 10:47 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2005, at 9:11 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>
>> David Blevins wrote:
>>
>>> We've shipped four non-certified Jetty distributions, let's go ahead
>>>  with a Tomcat distribution in the same vein.  If we need to go over
>>>  some J2EE licensing requirements, let's do it on the TCK list.
>>>

>> When we did that we only released one binary so there was no
>> ambiguity in the release. If the Jetty version of M5 is certified and
>> the Tomcat version isn't, it will be misleading to users.
>>
>> -1 on any M5 binary that is not certified.
>
> IIRC a release can not be vetoed except for a technical reason, so
> this is a -1 opinion and not a official veto.

I am not in favor of releasing an uncertified tomcat version with a
certified jetty version.  I would rather wait with the tomcat version
until we solve whatever tomcat problems show up.  With luck, this
discussion will be moot due to the tomcat tests passing without much
problem.

thanks
david jencks