geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Jetty/Tomcat check in the console
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:15:10 GMT
	I'm not terribly happy with the way the Tomcat/Jetty check was
done (looking for "Tomcat" or "Jetty" in the names of any interfaces the
thing implements, IIRC), so I'm a little hesitant to spread the use, but I
guess better that we do it in one place rather than have separate versions
of that check in separate modules.

	You can just promote the check from BaseWebPortlet to BasePortlet,
I'd say, and make sure the method name indicates that it's for web usage
(not just "getComponentType" or something -- I don't have the code in
front of me at the moment).

Aaron

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005, Joe Bohn wrote:

> There was recently some code specifically implemented under the
> webmanager to determine the server on which a portlet is running (jetty
> or tomcat).  This was accomplished by extending the BasePortlet to
> create a BaseWebPortlet and then having all of the other "web" portlets
> extend from this class.   The class only contains a common method (and
> some constants) to determine the server type when passed the container
> class.
>
> I need this capability in other console modules (and it may be necessary
> elsewhere).   What are the thoughts if I remove the BaseWebPortlet class
> and instead create a utility class under the console for this
> function?   If this is useful beyond just the console we could move it
> to a more general place.   Thoughts?
>
> --
> Joe Bohn
> joe.bohn@earthlink.net
>
> "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."   -- Jim
Elliot