geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: M5 List Closure - Time vs Features
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:36:29 GMT
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, David Blevins wrote:
> Ok, this is just an attempt to get people to voice their expectations
> about the release in general, not in regards to any feature or item
> in the release.
>
> 1)  If we could deliver M5 in _5_ weeks, I would consider that a
> complete success.
>
> 2)  I would not like M5 to take more than _8_ weeks.

Basis for calculation: I would like to release 1.0 by ApacheCon
(mid-Decembmer, 15 weeks) if at all possible.  I figure at most half them
time between now and then should be spent on M5.  But in truth, I'd like
at least 1 more release between M5 and final.  :)

If for some reason we can't get 1.0 out by ApacheCon, I'd like to have a
1.0 bug-fix-only beta release & branch by then.  In other words, a stable
platform for documentation.  No great secret there.  :)

Aaron