geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat Welcome Page at localhost::8080
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:34:23 GMT
Anita,
	Currently, the welcome page has been moved to a top-level
application, and runs under both Tomcat and Jetty.  You can find it in
geronimo/applications/welcome/.  Could you resubmit your patch (for
GERONIMO-699) against that copy of the welcome page?  If you want to show
server-specific links, it'll also have to show different content depending
on whether Tomcat or Jetty is running.  I'm not convinced that we should
be doing that though, since much of the Tomcat documentation is focused on
standalone Tomcat deployments and won't make any sense to someone using
Geronimo, I'm sure the developers on the Tomcat mailing list will direct
Geronimo questions to the Geronimo mailing list, and so on (and likewise
with Jetty).  I think we might be better off having all those kind of
links pointing to Geronimo instead.

Thanks,
	Aaron