geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Problem with the new config.xml and deployer.jar
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:17:09 GMT
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, David Jencks wrote:
> I haven't investigated to the extent of writing a unit test, but I
> think I have observed repeatedly that after geronimo shuts down,
> config.xml only has sections for configurations that were actually
> started.  I think this might not be the behavior we want.

	That's certainly not the behavior we want.  But I can't reproduce
what you describe.  I just added a bogus configuration to my config.xml,
started and stopped Geronimo, and the file had not been overwritten at all
(bogus entry was still there, as well as comments that are always stripped
on rewrite).

	I then started it, went into the console, saved a web connector,
and shut down.  The file was overwritten (and comments stripped), but my
bogus section was still there.  If things are being removed, there has to
be some more complex cause.  I'll poke around a little.

Aaron