geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Problem with the new config.xml and deployer.jar
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 18:58:27 GMT
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, David Jencks wrote:
> There seems to be a problem with the new config.xml and running
> deployer.jar.  If you override something in RuntimeDeployer and then
> run deployer.jar, your new section for RuntimeDeployer is removed.

	That curious -- it's not supposed to remove anything.  Generally,
it loads everything in the file into a Map, and then during shutdown,
writes the Map back out again.

	I think I did put a copy of the attribute store GBean into the
deployer configuration, because otherwise the Configuration (or somethign
in that configuration, at any rate) was unhappy.  But that was probably a
mistake if that means the deployer will actually try to use (and
overwrite) the same file that the server is using.

	Sounds like maybe we should remove the attribute store from the
deployer-system configuration and just make sure that doesn't cause any
problems.  Or perhaps better, make that one "read only".  It seems more
likely to be the problem than the server's Map "losing" information.

Aaron