geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Re: Console for M5
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 02:02:48 GMT
	Well, OK, after talking about this a bit more, it seems like
there's some interest in picking certain features we'd defintiely like to
have in the console for M5.  I'd put on the list:

 - a more welcoming front page for the console, with some guidance for
   users, etc.
 - add/remove/edit web connectors (on the "web server" page, already
   working well enough for my needs)
 - add/remove/edit EJB connectors (on the "EJB server" page)
 - add/remove/edit JMS connectors (on the "JMS server page), already
   working well enough for my needs)
 - add/remove/edit Derby connectors (on a new page)
 - add/remove/edit remote login listeners (on a new page)
 - edit the RMI name service port (perhaps on the "EJB server" page)
 - add/remove/edit CORBA naming/ORB/IIOP ports (on the "CORBA/IIOP"
 - see if it's easy to make "restart" work again on the
   "Shutdown/Restart" page
 - see if it's easy to ensure that the application deploy portlet and
   database configuration portlet work (the implementations of these
   need to be replaced, but not before M5 if they work)

	Please contribute your own thoughts.  When we settle on a list,
I'll work through the JIRA issues needed to reflect it, but I'd prefer to
hold off on that for now.

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> 	So I updated the console status on the Wiki:
> 	Basically, there's a lot of work yet to go.  I've put some work
> into web server, logging, and JMS server portlets so far, and Joe's
> pitched in a bit as well, but I don't think I'd really say there's any
> page there that's fully working and satisfactory.
> 	As far as M5 goes, I think we'll do what we do in the time frame
> we end up having.  I think it's going to be a "technology preview" in
> every sense.  I don't think it makes sense to hold M5 until the console is
> "done" or to try to cut down the console to the stuff that actually works
> right.  Still, it wouldn't break my heart if M5 took a while so we could
> get more done on the console.  :)
> Aaron

View raw message