geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: M5 Time ;-)
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:27:14 GMT
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Jeff Genender wrote:
> 1) When do we want to release M5?  I mean this from a concrete date
> perspective.  I would like to see an official 9/9/2005 date.

	Can we agree on the features first and pick the date based on
that?

> 3) I would like to see the M5 cut with a 5 day window between QA code
> freeze and release.  Thus QA cut on 9/4. Does this sound reasonable?

	It took substantially more than 5 days to complete TCK testing for
M4, plus we have to do it all for Tomcat this time too.  Granted that was
the week of OSCon, but I'm not altogether sure that 5 days is enough.  I
think David J ran the bulk of the TCK tests on M4 -- David, can you
ocmment on the time frame for a full run?

> 2) What do we want as part of the M5 release.  I ask that we break this
> down into A) Must haves, B) Nice to haves, C) Fuhgetaboutit.

Here's my estimate of the stuff slated for M5.  Note that there are over
100 (!) JIRA issues that have yet to be prioritied for a particular
release, and undoubtedly some of those should be candidates for M5.
Anyway, I put a lot of bug fixes on the must have list beacuse they look
simple and I'd like to make a concerted effort to correct them (and a few
looked like they might be fixed already and simply require review).
Finally, there are still a couple of SNAPSHOTS and we need to make sure
all those are corrected before any testing begins.

Aaron

Must Have
---------
870 - Davanum