geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Management Interfaces & ClassLoaders
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 01:41:10 GMT
	As a follow-up to this, we have to think about what belongs in the
"management interface".  To use ActiveMQ as an example, the
ActiveMQContainer interface relies on classes in activemq-core, which
means we couldn't put ActiveMQContainer in an activemq-management package
unless that depended on activemq-core, which would kind of defeat the
purpose of having an activemq-management package.  Now in truth, I don't
think we'll miss the methods of ActiveMQContainer that depend on
activemq-core, so we can put the important stuff in an interface that is
more universal and make ActiveMQContainer extend that.

Aaron