geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Issue - configuring the binary distribution
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 23:30:54 GMT
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, David Jencks wrote:
> So far I am really against adding gbeans to existing configurations.  I
> don't have a problem with the web console generating entirely new
> configurations, although I doubt it is all that useful.  My opinions
> can always be argued against :-)

	It seems like Jeremy and I came to a mutually satisfactory
conclusion where (and I'm summarizing in haste) altering the configuration
(including adding/removing) would be possible, but it would also be
possible to flag specific configurations as not alterable and give them a
specific version number and all.  I think that's the best of both worlds
-- if you want it editable, you use the standard behavior.  If you want it
locked down so you can guarantee that a deployment performed on machine X
will work when exported and imported into machine Y, then you freeze the
configurations you're dealing with and build machines X and Y from those.

	I will apply a little elbow grease to getting David J on board
this week.  :)

Aaron