geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Issue - configuring the binary distribution
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:42:45 GMT
	I want to provide the necessary features in the web console to
handle the stuff that a user is likely to want to change.  I further would
like to have that implemented under the covers by a management API that
can be invoked outside of the web console.  I further have the idea that
to change stuff while the server is "not running" (including parts that
barf on startup) we could load the server into a loaded-but-not-started
mode and then use the management API against that -- presumably with some
kind of command line tool, that's much more limited that the web console
(at least, the minimum requirements are ports and perhaps SSL
configuration, because those are the things that actually prevent you from
starting the server to run the web console or a generic JMX or JSR-77
client).

	All that aside, the installer package leaves copies of the
(customized) plans it uses.  Perhaps the ZIP/GZ package should do the
same.

Aaron