geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bob.By...@transplace.com
Subject Re: [ANN] Geronimo 1.0 milestone 4 released
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:48:18 GMT

FYI, on the Geronimo News announcement titles "Milestone 4 Released".  The
"download page"
link does not work.  It is pointing to:
    http://geronimo.apache.org/download.html
but I think it is supposed to point to:
    http://geronimo.apache.org/downloads.html

|         |           David Blevins    |
|         |           <david.blevins@vi|
|         |           si.com>          |
|         |           08/09/2005 11:28 |
|         |           dev              |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       dev@geronimo.apache.org
                                   |
  |       cc:
                                   |
  |       Subject:  [ANN] Geronimo 1.0 milestone 4 released
                                   |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Releases is available at:

  http://cvs.apache.org/dist/geronimo/1.0-M4

Significant Changes Since the M3 Release
 * EJB support is complete
 * Web Services support is complete
 * JSR-77 support, including the Management EJB
 * Securty configuration has changed dramatically
 * J2EE 1.4 Feature complete

Significant Missing Features
----------------------------
 * A web management console
 * Deployment from a machine other than the server
 * J2EE Application Client that works from a machine other than the server
 * A build that uses Tomcat by default (Tomcat can be activated as a
   manual process, but as of M5 we will be distributing both Jetty and
   Tomcat builds)
 * A hot deploy directory (though the deploy tool can hot deploy)
 * JSR-88 support for Geronimo deployment plan configuration
 * Full functionality on non-Sun JVMs (a portable CORBA implementation
   is not expected for version 1.0)
 * Clustering (also not expected for version 1.0)

Overall Project Status
----------------------
Geronimo is now feature complete with respect to J2EE 1.4, however,
full certification has not yet been completed.

Many of the remaining changes are focused on usability at this time.
However, Geronimo has also not been extensively performance tested.
Your help would be appreciated!

Documentation efforts are underway, and freely available documentation
covers many aspects of the product.

For more information on specific bugs or features, or to help with
testing efforts, please visit JIRA, our bug/issue tracking system, at
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10220

Full release notes available here:
http://cvs.apache.org/dist/geronimo/1.0-M4/RELEASE-NOTES-1.0-M4.txt