geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: M5 List Closure - J2EE Certification
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:21:35 GMT

On Aug 30, 2005, at 1:13 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

>     Has anyone taken a stab at running the TCK on Tomcat yet?  If not,
> I think it's going to be hard to agree on a sensible ETA.

Not looking for a sensible ETA, more of a "how long are we willing to
allow for it, ideally" kind of thing.

For example, post M3 we always thought the ETA for passing the CTS
was weeks away when it turned out to be 12 months away.  We should
have been explicit with our expectations of how long we were willing
to give it before reconsidering the goal.  Not saying we should
reconsider the goal now, just define what "ASAP" or "soon" should be
ideally.

-David