geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discuss] Eclipse as a Geronimo sub-project
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:56:18 GMT
Yes, it certainly can.   But one thing we're trying to do is build a
like-minded community of tools people.   We did something like this
very effectively (IMO) at Velocity, making it separate and letting
them setup things like web content, build structure, packaging,
releases, etc.

What's the downside to starting to bucket functionality this way?
What bad things could happen if we made a subdirectory for tooling,
letting it be a separate build (and release cycle), and having a
subpage on the website behind a left-nav item?

geir

geirm@apache.org