geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IDEA block cipher inclusion via the "bouncy castle" JCE provider
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:28:23 GMT

> On Aug 30, 2005, at 4:38 PM, Bruce Snyder wrote:
>

>> How about asking the Bouncy Castle people for some advice on what to
>> do? They're distributing the artifacts affected by these statements
>> from MediaCrypt, what do they recommend to their user base regarding
>> redistribution and use?
>>

> Good idea.  Alternatively for our use, it looks like the directory
> project has its own asn1 implementation.  IIUC that is all we use
> in the openejb corba code.  Can we sidestep this problem by using
> the directory's asn1 implementation?

If that works technically, it gets OpenEJB off the hook...  The only
remaining thing for us will be the console, and if push comes to
shove, we just remove the functionality that uses it, I suppose.  Or
leave it there and tell people that if they want to use it, go get BC
themselves.  We can always make the portlet smart and detect BC
before becoming active, and otherwise just showing a screen w/ the
warning and where to get hte software.

geir

geirm@apache.org