geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject [vote] Creation of Tooling Subproject
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:01:39 GMT
We've had the subject out for discussion for a few days, and had some
good feedback.  I think we should take a vote on the creation of a
Tooling subproject.  I'm going to just wing it here as this is our
first one, so any additions and mods are welcome, protests are
welcome, etc.  I'd prefer if we can do this by lazy consensus, but
maybe that's an add-on poll for next time.

Apache Geronimo Tooling Subproject
----------------------------------

The Apache Geronimo PMC hereby creates a subproject focused on
tooling related to the Apache Geronimo project.  The subproject will
be a home for software tools that are independent of the operation of
the general Geronimo container, or the J2EE server configuration.
Decisions about appropriateness for inclusion shall remain up to the
Geronimo PMC.

1) The tooling subproject shall have a separate root in the project
subversion repository.  Proposed :

      https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/tooling

2) The tooling subproject shall have a separate entry under a
"Subprojects" heading on the website.

3) The artifacts of the tooling subproject shall have an independent
release cycle as appropriate for the sub-project, and is strongly
encouraged to time releases to that of the main server to ensure that
users get appropriate tooling for new server releases.

4) The tooling subproject will be organized anticipating multiple
tools of equal status in the subproject.

5) The eclipse plugin source base, currently residing in trunk/
sandbox, shall be moved to the tooling subproject.

This vote will run until Sat, Aug 27 at 12 Noon EDT.

[ ] +1 Create the tooling subproject.

[ ] -1 Do not create the tooling subproject.

Comments : (Anyone have a better name?)

geirm@apache.org