geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: RFC - Fix to the XMLBeans2/Eclipse issue
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:33:45 GMT

On Aug 1, 2005, at 6:51 AM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Sachin Patel wrote:
>> Great Jeff.  Thanks for looking into this. Converting the classpath
>> entry to a "lib" is exactly what I meant by saying by adding classes
>> folder to preserve binary content.  So I definatley think this is the
>> correct fix. So with your mid-term solution you're basically doing
>> the inverse of what adding a resource would do.  Rather then
>> generating into target/xmlbeans-classes then copying into
>> target/classes you are leaving the xmlbeans build alone and simply
>> copying the output back into target/xmlbeans-classes.  Correct?
>
> Yes...this is correct...so it becomes harmless.
>
>> Going back to using a resource however... can some who's more
>> familliar state why this would mess up Intellij?  The target/classes
>> folder would still contain the binary content, the original location
>> target/xmlbeans-classes would simply be ignored... No?
>
> This is correct as well.  I would be interested in the IntelliJ issue
> as well.  I have Intelij installed on my machine...so i could try it
> out. IIRC, this should not affect it, but I will let the heavy
> IntelliJ users speak up.

I think we should look into generating the binary goo into
xmlbeans-classes and copying into classes.  Theoretically this would
allow stunts like bytecode munging on the generated classes.  I think
we need to consult with the maven guys on how this best fits into the
maven build steps, especially for maven 2.

I'm left curious how eclipse deals with things like aspect weaving done
as a static build step.  I would think this would have similar
problems.

thanks
david jencks