geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Web container-specific configuration
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 04:41:34 GMT
I would assert that most web apps are simple and do not require
complex container specific configuration, so a common plan is the
more desirable choice.  In the rare places where tomcat and jetty
differ, we allow a name space designated escape to the container
specific elements.

Lets make the commons stuff (80%) simple and have an escape system
for the complex (20%) installations.

-dain