geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kresten Krab Thorup <k...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: JSP Compiler / tools.jar for M4
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:11:44 GMT
On Aug 2, 2005, at 2:16 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> Is janino better for compiling jsps than the eclipse compiler?
> I've heard of it in drools but don't know anything about it.

Janino does not cover the complete Java language [see here for a list
of missing features: http://www.janino.net/javadoc/org/codehaus/
janino/Parser.html], and so I would recommend just sticking to the
Eclipse compiler for everything.

Internally we have converted even the ant build process for our app
server to always use the Eclipse compiler, simply to get a consistent
build across all the developer's various machines.  In such a large
project we have sometimes seen odd bugs in various versions of javac,
and so it is nice to know that all developers are using the exact
same compiler.

Kresten