geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Attacking M4 - Final stuff
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 06:49:20 GMT

On Aug 1, 2005, at 5:53 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>> I rescusitated the M4 branch and removed the snapshot tag from the
>> deploy plugin and the numbered version from the packaging plugin.
>
> I think we should remove all SNAPSHOT references including those in
> the sandbox and in plugins we are not using. This can be done by
> fixing them to use the POM current version, or by removing those
> modules entirely (e.g. sandbox probably does not want to be in the
> release tag at all).
>
>> I think we should do a build from the branch, test it, and if it
>> works, then make the tag.
>
> Agreed. Let's clean up the cruft and reduce to the minimum number of
> version definitions (just etc/project.properties and project.xml for
> the plugins?). We can do a build there using an explicit revision
> number, then if we are happy copy that rev to the tag.

I've removed all the 'SNAPSHOT' and other hard coded versions I can
find and successfully built geronimo from rev  226951 after removing my
maven geronimo and geronimo-spec repository entries.  I see dblevins
has posted source and binary tar.gzs etc but I have no idea how to
produce them from a plain maven build.  I consider his publish_build.sh
script unacceptable for releases because it modifies what is checked
out from  svn.

I'm going to start running tck tests on my build and hope we can
straighten out how to package stuff up later.  If there are problems
tomorrow I can always start over.

thanks
david jencks