geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JMS configuration plans and config.list questions
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:50:49 GMT

On Aug 5, 2005, at 6:32 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

>  Well I'm still feeling my way around the web console code, but it
> looks to me like they are expecting users to add more queues to the
> org/apache/geronimo/SystemJMS config.

I don't think this is possible yet, although I think aaron is working
on a way to make it possible shortly.  I believe that each new queue is
currently added to a new configuration.

>  What should be be encouraging them to do ... that's the harder
> question.   I'll look for somebody else to answer that one.  :-)

Allowing, yes, at least for "mutable" configurations.  Encouraging,
maybe.

>  However, I'm looking at a problem that may end up being related to
> (or affected by) the configuration.
>
>  The Web Console includes capabilities to manage JMS connection
> factories and destinations (adding/removing queues and topics).
> However, the portlet to manage the factories is currently failing with
> an exception because it assumes that there is a "state" attribute on
> the each factory GBean and this attribute doesn't exist on the
> DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory.

I believe this is due to the recent removal of the jsr-77 state
manageable and similar attributes from the base gbean wrapper object.
I think the intent was to move them to all gbeans that were exposed in
jsr-77.  Apparently not all of this proposal was implemented, which may
possibly affect our compliance with the jsr-77 portion of the tck.

thanks
david jencks