geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject [RESULT] [vote] Establish Geronimo subproject policy
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:59:44 GMT
The time has expired, so we'll count (and take Dain's vote since it
was before the tally :) (and anyone who didn't, feel free to give us
your opinion...)

On Aug 17, 2005, at 12:45 PM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> For a codebase or module that will be part of Geronimo as a
> subproject, we will :
>
> 1) Setup a parallel SVN tree for it, say geronimo/$foo/
> 2) It would have it's own released artifacts and independent
> release cycle.
> 3) It would be wholly under the control and oversight of the
> Geronimo PMC
> 4) It would have it's own webpage on the site  (I imagine left nav
> entry for it under a Subprojects heading)
> 5) All geronimo committers would have commit access to the subproject

For the choice

> [ ] I like this and do not wish to see a separate ACL
>     for new people working on the subproject, but rather
>     rely on trust and expect new people to work on what
>     they know, and engage with the rest of the codebase
>     though conversation and interaction with other committers,
>     and propose code via patches which an existing committer
>     can allow to be committed by the new person.  Through
>     this mechanism of engagement and participation, a new
>     person would be granted permission to extend
>     scope of activity in the codebase.

+1 : Geir, Bruce, Dims, Jeff, Alan, Mark, David Jencks, John, Jacek,
Gianny, Dain
-0 : Aaron

For the choice

> [ ] I like this but do wish to see a separate ACL for new
>     people working on the subproject.  New people will engage
>     with the rest of the codebase through conversation,
>     interaction with other committers and patches.  The existing
>     committers will formally vote to extend general geronimo
>     commit privs to a subproject committer.

+1 : Aaron

For the choice

> [ ] I don't like any of these options and prefer something else

No one (whew).

I'll add to the website as a policy.

Thanks, all.

geir