geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From jastrac...@mac.com
Subject Re: Coupling to j2ee module
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:17:48 GMT

On 13 Aug 2005, at 19:45, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> So what should we do about this?
> At a minimum I think we should separate the GBeanInfo construction
> from the implementation just like Hiram did for the connector
> module by moving it into a helper class. That will avoid the need
> to access j2ee classes in the initializer.

+1. Runtime dependency on this stuff is painful. Where possible
static inner classes or separate classes for the metadata would be
good. Even better would be to auto-generate all the metadata at build
time to ensure there's no runtime dependency on j2ee module and
remove lots of repetitive coding.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/