geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <>
Subject Re: [vote] Creation of Tooling Subproject
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:12:19 GMT

On Aug 25, 2005, at 7:01 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> +1 on the intent, not so happy with the name:
> Is the deployment tool a tool?
> Is the web console a tool?
> If we had a tool to immutabilize and import and export configurations,
>   would that be a tool?
> I think those are all tools and should be very closely tied to the
> Geronimo release schedule and not the Eclipse plugin release schedule.
> Therefore I'd lean toward calling this the "IDE" subproject, or the
> "tool
> integration" subproject or something like that.  Though this does
> seem to
> be a logical place to put the XDoclet code we talked about...  Maybe
> a "Development Tools" subproject name & "devtools" repo name?

Good. Works for me.   I'm happy to go with lazy consensus on the
name, so people don't have to vote again if they're happy or agnostic
about it.

And we still can choose where things go - there is no law.   There
are some tools that will be linked to the server, so we can always
just choose that they go there...