geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: tooling patches
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:43:06 GMT
On Aug 22, 2005, at 5:18 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> Would one of the committers mind checking in the patches for
> 884,885, and 888?  I'm making changes on source files that already
> have existing pending patches in these jiras and don't want to
> introduce new patches until their checked to avoid conflicts when
> merging.  For my knowledge, how is this handled? Are cumulative
> patches easily handled?  i.e What happens if i have Patch-A based
> on revision 1 on File-A.  Then I introduce Patch-B on File-A also
> based on revision 1 (but includes changes that went into Patch A).
> Since both of the patches are based on the same revision # I would
> assume that only one of the patches can be applied without errors
> or conflicts.  What happens when the second patch is applied since
> the patch is no longer based on the revision specified in the patch
> file? If the second patch cannot be applied, how is one expected to
> know which patch to throw out?

I was going to do this last week, but was having build problems.  It
looks like Geir is willing to take over for a bit, but please
complain earlier next time  :)

On a related note, are their directions on how to build and use this
stuff.  Hopefully, we can start to get some community members using
this stuff and giving us feedback.

-dain