geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: Console JIRA 922 ..... filter for application views.
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 02:51:04 GMT
Aaron,

RE:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-922?page=comments#action_12320150

Have you had a chance to install this patch yet?   I really think it
addresses both your and my concerns and I think the view of the
applications is much better.  The mechanism used to filter out the
system applications is very crude and might not be 100% accurate ... and
the visual rendering could improvement as well  ... but all of that can
easily be changed and even as is I think it's better than what we have
now.   The important thing is the concept with an eye toward improving
usability for the greatest number of users.   IMHO those would be users
installing and managing applications rather than configuring new systems
and/or developing Geronimo itself.

I would also appreciate your response to the comments that I added in
the JIRA concerning simplification of the navigation area.

Thanks,
Joe

Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."   -- Jim Elliot