geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Tomcat, logging, admin portlet, and GBeans
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:15:08 GMT
I was investigating what is necessary to get the log management portlet
in the console working for tomcat.   It currently only works to display
the jetty web log.

As I was digging into this it is starting to get a little deeper than I
anticipated and would like some recommendations.

- The log portlet references a GBean object for the JettyRequestLog.
- I don't see an equivalent GBean in tomcat.  Should I attempt to create
one and wrap the Tomcat web log in a GBean too?

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."   -- Jim Elliot