geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: progress on mavenizing eclipse plugins
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:01:15 GMT
I totally agree that downloading 2 build tools for end users is bad.
However, for this particular case I don't think doing this is AS bad.
 From a users standpoint, there going to just download the built image
from the site and install it onto eclipse.  From a developers
standpoint, regardless of wether this is built using M1 or M2, most
eclipse end users are most likely not going to build with either of
them, and they will just do what is familiar for them and import the
projects into an Eclipse IDE and build from within there.

If you still feel strongly against it, I don't mind going back to M1.