geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: progress on mavenizing eclipse plugins
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:43:30 GMT

Sachin Patel wrote:
> So after sitting down yesterday and doing a little reading... I have a
> much better understanding of Maven. :) I've decided to go with using M2,
> one of the reasons which I'm probably going to end up having to write a
> plugin and want to avoid massive jelly scripts. :)

Hang on there...

Although I like your enthusiasm regarding M2, and I personally can't
wait to start converting over to M2, we really need to keep the thoughts
of the end users in our development.  To have to download 2 build tools
in order build all of Geronimo, IMHO, is very bad.  I hope that you
rethink this and do it in M1.  We are here to help you in getting your
project up and running.  There is nothing you cannot do in M1...

If we have a rollout schedule for moving Geronimo to M2, then I would be
open to this.  But unfortunately its not officially on the radar.  I
would only ask that we are consistent in the build tool selection.

Jeff