geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <>
Subject progress on mavenizing eclipse plugins
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:34:18 GMT
So after sitting down yesterday and doing a little reading... I have a
much better understanding of Maven. :) I've decided to go with using M2,
one of the reasons which I'm probably going to end up having to write a
plugin and want to avoid massive jelly scripts. :)

M1 provided a convenient jar override feature where I could the specify
the explicit path to dependencies outside of the repo.  This makes
things easier as I can just point to the
${eclipse-home}/plugins/blah.jar.  Unfortunately M2 doesn't have this.
So after talking to some of the very helpful Maven folks, the only
current way to do this is to have the eclipse jars inside the local
repo.  To make it even more painful, from looks of things I don't think
I can just can't download an eclipse image, and do a "select-all" and
copy in the all jars.  It looks like I'm going to have to create the
"maven convention" path for each jar.

So from an Eclipse install, for each plugin I would need to copy and
rename the jar from

I'm still having issues though as even when I try to build offline it is
attempting to download from the remote repo the dependency's .pom, and
thus the build fails.  Sent a note on the Maven dev list for a solution
to prevent it from doing this and look directly in the local repo.

Thanks and will give an update when I make further progress.

View raw message