geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <>
Subject maven question
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:18:09 GMT
I'm playing around trying to declare a dependency on an eclipse plugin
purely using the <dependency> element.  Theres are 2 problems in doing
so... If I have the following....

This according to the documentation would resolve to

rather then

Notice the two differences, (1) where <type> will be used as the
extension rather then .jar, and (2) the version number for eclipse
plugins are appended with an underscore rather then a dash.

Is the <type> and <version> elements required? Could I remove them
altogather and just change groupID to <groupID>eclipse/plugins</groupID>
and then then specify the full artifact file name specified like so
<artifactID>org.eclipse.core.resources_3.1.0.jar</artifactID> ?

View raw message