geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppa...@gmail.com>
Subject maven question
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:08:56 GMT
I'm playing around trying to declare a dependency on an eclipse plugin
purely using the <dependency> element.  Theres are 2 problems in doing so...

If I have the following....

<dependency>
    <groupID>eclipse</groupID>
    <artifactID>org.eclipse.core.resources</artifactID>
    <version>3.1.0</version>
    <type>plugin</type>
</dependency>

This according to the documentation would resolve to
[REPO_ROOT]/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources-3.1.0.plugin

rather then [REPO_ROOT]/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources_3.1.0.jar

Notice the two differences, (1) where <type> will be used as the
extension rather then .jar, and (2) the version number for eclipse
plugins are appended with an underscore rather then a dash.

Is the <type> element required? Can I just change groupID to
<groupID>eclipse/plugins</groupID> and then also remove the version
number and have the full artifact file name specified
<artifactID>org.eclipse.core.resources_3.1.0.jar</artifactID> ?

Thanks.