geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Apache Directory now integrated
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2005 00:09:09 GMT
I have integrated the Apache Directory Server into Geronimo.  What that
means is Geronimo now comes with an LDAP server.

It is initially "stopped".  You can start it with the console or via the
command line scripts (deploy.sh for *nix or deploy.bat for Windows):

deploy.sh --user system --password manager start
org/apache/geronimo/Directory

It initially runs on port 1389, not the standard 389 because *nix boxes
will need to run as root to use this port.  The port is configurable in
the DirectoryGBean found in the directory-server-plan.xml.

It has an initial ou=system schema to start with and we can build on a
fairly sophisticated schema in time.

This has some awesome implications for Geronimo in that we can begin
storing all sorts of configurations and system based information in it.
  There is a tremendous amount we can do with this, including leveraging
new security implementations, especially single-signon.

This is the first cut, and I have included a slew of attributes that can
be set on the GBean.  Of course there are more configuration attributes
I can add...so this is only a start.

Let the JIRA issues begin ;-)

Jeff