geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: [mevenide-dev] Help building eclipse plugins
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:57:52 GMT
Sachin,

maven 1 can use a lot of your ant stuff too (just looks a bit wierd).
You don't always have to rely on the plugin - for example the maven
xdoclet plugins are too restrictive.  Its easy to just do a taskdef and
throw in your ant tasks.

If I had my druthers, I would stick with M1 so it will build with
everything.  Although there is a plan to move to M2, those target dates
are unknown.  It would be nice to have the plugin build under M1, with
the rest of G.  I think it would be a bit much to have the end user have
to download m1 and m2 to build all of G.

Jeff