geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tooling patches
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:42:11 GMT
Could you do 913 as well?

So people can download eclipse and WTP pull these projects into the IDE
Eclipse and it builds and launches fine.  I'll create a new section on
the wiki to do so.  We now need to figure out how we can build this with
maven.

So I'm not sure if you've followed the conversation between Dain and I
yesterday on building, but I need to know which approach we should take...

(1) Build purely with Maven
(2) Use the Eclipse PDE builder and wrap it within Maven

Dain is for 1, but I feel that theres no technical advantage of doing
so, since you still have to download Eclipse, WTP, EMF, etc.. and point
the maven goal to it to be able to build.  The eclipse dependencies
can't be downloaded by Maven.

What are your thoughts on this?

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> Great.  Will do.
>
> Now, how is any of this built?  Have you thought about docs around that?
>
> geir
>
> On Aug 24, 2005, at 8:10 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:
>
>> Yes, 909 needs to be checked in and 884 can be checked in now also.
>>
>> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> 899 : Done
>>> 884 : needs to be submitted under the Apache license
>>> 885 : done
>>> 907 : done