geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject M5 Time ;-)
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:31:07 GMT
Hello community,

I have decided (with goading from certain team members) to step up and
be the goat herder on getting out M5.  This is likely due to this
release being the Tomcat coming out party ;-)  I will be aided by Bruce
Snyder and David Blevins, both my copilots, but it looks like I will be
the captain on this one...yikes!  So bear with me in any faux pas I may
bring along the way.

This will be the kick off email...so lets start with a few basic questions.

1) When do we want to release M5?  I mean this from a concrete date
perspective.  I would like to see an official 9/9/2005 date.

2) What do we want as part of the M5 release.  I ask that we break this
down into A) Must haves, B) Nice to haves, C) Fuhgetaboutit.

3) I would like to see the M5 cut with a 5 day window between QA code
freeze and release.  Thus QA cut on 9/4. Does this sound reasonable?

Any other issues, lets make em a part of this thread.

Thanks,

Jeff
--
Jeff Genender