geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tooling patches
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:48:06 GMT
The parent folder named "eclipse-plugin" is misleading :) The folder
consists of multiple plugins... The following folders are the individual
"plugins" that make up the org.apache.geronimo.feature feature.

org.apache.geronimo.core
org.apache,geronimo.ui
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.model
org.apache.geronimo.runtime.v1

(Plugins need to be bundled within a feature project to be able to be
installed using the update manager).  So users will be installing the
"geronimo-feature" not the "geronimo-plugin(s)".

Inside each of the plugins folder, are the individual source folders.
You can think of each of these plugins as individual maven projects.  As
far as the build file, yes, this is the next step that needs to be
worked out, to the add the build files in each of the projects if we
choose to build with maven.

Does that help?