geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: JavaMail
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 03:27:43 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2005, at 10:37 PM, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Boynes wrote:

>>> Chatting with Geir earlier today it appears our SMTP provider is
>>> not being included in the distribution. For now I would suggest
>>> modifying the j2ee-server-plan.xml to include Sun's distribution  of
>>> JavaMail as a dependency *before* the geronimo-spec-j2ee-1.0- M4.jar
>>> dependency.
>>>

>> Can I do this for another Apache project (Cocoon)? I will like to
>> add the fixed geronimo-spec-j2ee-1.0-M4.jar into cocoon distro. Are
>> there some legal concerns?
>

> With using geronimo?  No.
>
> With distributing Sun's binary licensed software?  yes :)

:-) Well, I am not going to distribute the Sun's binary code. I know I
cannot do that. ;-)

I just want to build concretly geronimo-spec-javamail-1.3.1-rc5.jar with
the above suggested patch. I believe the generated jar will not include
Sun's binary code. I believe, the code is going to link to the Sun's
binary code of the javamail.jar.

Given this facts, can I include the geronimo-spec-javamail-1.3.1-rc5.jar
into the Apache Cocoon distro?

TIA. :-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo